Delhi University is one of the premier universities in India and to get admission to the choicest college is a dream of every student. Delhi University which is commonly referred as DU has various faculties which provide admission to UG (undergraduate) and PG (Postgraduate) courses. The admission to various disciplines is either based on the entrance examination or on the basis of merit list. All the candidates seeking admission to UG courses based on merit list in different colleges of DU are first required to register themselves online on the official website of the university which is http://admission.du.ac.in and for notification regarding UG admission they need to visit http://www.du.ac.in. The date of commencement for online registration to various programs for the year 2018-19 is as given below:-
Under Graduate Programs: May 15 2018
Post Graduate Programs: May 18 2018
M.Phil. / Ph.D. Programs: May 20 2018
Step by step procedure of admission to Delhi University
- Candidates who are interested in taking admission to various undergraduate (UG) courses in different colleges are first required to register themselves online.
- There is a common web portal for centralized registration as well as a common registration form which they have to fill for admission to various undergraduate courses. Online registration details for UG admission are available on http://admission.du.ac.in.
- As a first time user candidates need to create the login details by entering the details in New User signup by providing valid email-id, password and mobile number for future communication.
- On completion of this process a verification email will be sent to the student on his email-id with a confirmation link which the candidate shall have to click to confirm the registration
- With this student get the authority to log on the UG admission portal and fill the online registration form. Please note that the same information is used every time to login to the applicant’s account.
- In case the applicant is applying under the Ward Quota then they need to provide other relevant information.
- All the entries should be saved by clicking the Save button at the bottom of the page and if need to be edited at any time there is an Edit button to do the same.
- By clicking on the Next button they move further to the Academic details to select the course in which they wishes to apply based on their eligibility. There is no limit on maximum number of courses in which the applicant can apply and thus can select any number of courses based on their eligibility for which they don’t need to pay any extra registration fee